Overheating is a condition when your engine temperature rises above normal. This is a common problem, but if not properly handled, can lead to complete engine damage.
Six (6) things to do when you notice overheating:
- Pull your car to the side of the road
- Turn your engine off (if it doesn't go off by itself). If the engine goes off by itself, do not turn on.
- Wait until your engine cools down, at least 30 minutes.
- Check your coolant reservoir and/or radiator for dryness. If dry, fill tank with water until its full.
- Check for any leakage from hoses or radiator.
Call an expert for help and advice on what to do next. You may reach our Service Support line for emergencies.