Power sliding door is an invention with an electrical-mechanical mechanism designed to open/close sliding doors by pushing a press-button. It is designed for your convenience, but like other mechanisms, fail. Very peculiar with Toyota Sienna and other minivan vehicles, you may experience one or more of the following:
- Door jammed and cannot open.
- Button doesn't open the door, works manually (when door handle is pulled) only.
- Door closes and opens up on its own
- Door seem to open after pressing the electric button, but won’t slide open.
- Door is stuck open
Here are 4 possible causes:
- The power switch to activate electric sliding is off.
- The internal or external cables are weak, frayed and/or snapped
- The door open/close mechanism (actuator, catcher or latch) has failed
- The door support hinges are weak
For your sliding door inspection and repair, schedule a Jiffix Panel Beating Expert today at www.jiffix.com.ng OR call our Service Support